Monday, June 20, 2011

If You're Going To Lollapalooza Be Sure To Wear Some Feathers In Your Hair

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm obsessed with birds. Particularly owls and peacocks. In addition, I will buy just about any accessory or clothing item that has a feather incorporated in some way, shape or form. Want to know what is REALLY blowing my mind? The featherlocks hair extensions I've seen all over the interwebs lately. Holy hell, this has me written all over it. Do you mean to tell me, there is a way to make my crazy mop top even more crazy and feathered fabulous? Sign me up. I don't need to know the cost, I must have them. Let's disregard the fact I have a corporate 9-5 gig. I'll hide those bad boys in my hair somehow, but I absolutely must get my hands, or locks, on a few of these extensions. I mean, if they're good enough for this guy...

Oh and back to the title of this post, I think these are a must for anyone attending a music festival this summer. I don't care if you're not a hippie (e.g., you don't plan on camping in a tent at said-festival, you will be toting deoderant with you, you will be wearing a bra, etc., etc.) it's a fun excuse to try something new. I'm planning on grabbing a few myself before heading to Chicago for Lolla with my gal pals. Lucky for me, my boyfriend's aunt runs a salon and is offering this service. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I get my new plummage.

Just be sure to select some colors that aren't too over the top. Hey wait, did I just say try to make sure your feather hair extensions aren't over the top? Irony noted. Go bat sh*t crazy people. Get the hot purple, get the designs, knock your socks off. Just make sure you rock the Steven Tyler 'tude to boot.

Learn more about featherlocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment