Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Shelley

I can be summed up in four words: an exercise in opposites. My personality is like my hair: quirky and a bit all over the place. My mega pursuit in life is nailing what my purpose on this big, bad ass planet is and how I can most meaningfully spend my time here. One little hurdle: I'm interested in everything from Asparagus to Zuchini (truly, I love both of those things). I would like to be a personal training, interior decorating, restaraunteur-ing, wine-making, CEO of do-good'ing and happy making. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind being a blissed out, enlightened goddess who moonlights as an ass-kicking rock chic. I like to think of myself as a trailblazer who is looking for her GPS. Also, I love people. If you want to chat, shoot me a line: shelley.fasulko@gmail.com. Some other stuff you probably ought to know about me:  

My nicknames include the following: Smells, Shells Bells, Suzie, Fi-fi, Doodle, Little Ear, Hot Mess, Boops, Hoots, and Dorothy (a.k.a. Dot).

I love to cook. I identify way too much with this video. I have the appetitie of a truck driving man beast which has led me to get creative about how I can cook sinful, delicious but healthful food that doesn't turn me in to a TLC obesity special. I have the motto that I'm not the greatest cook, I just practice a lot, try very hard and put a lot of heart in to it. You'll read A LOT about food and recipes if you stick around this blog for long. And for whatever it's worth, I've never met a potato I didn't like. Baked, roasted, french, hash... In heaven I will sit in a giant baked potato cloud and eat potatoes all day (and drink wine and have a cheese and meat platter at my disposal as well).

Exercise and music are the two closest things I have to a form of organized religion. They both are inextricably linked with my daily life. Nothing gets me more fired up than discovering a new tune or band I haven't heard before or coming up with a new strength training program.

Random things I'm obsessed with include owls, the color robin's egg blue, nail polish, anything boho chic, candles and/or twinkly lights, old houses, extra dirty vodka martinis with fancy olives, getting sucked in to random sporting events on tv (e.g., bowling tourneys), reality tv and celebrity gossip, eastern religion/philosophy, my record collection, ironic animal themed-clothing (think bedazzled tiger t-shirt)... I could go on and on...


No comments:

Post a Comment